Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: What's up?

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: What's up?
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 05:53:56 -0400

I'll add the following to the discussion.

I think 3/4 people are needed to do the moderation, everyone gets a go
once a month then.

I would also like to do more work on savannah (coding) but this can't
be done because I do not yet have enough experience with the code
(this because I didn't have time to look at it yet).

Now we are with 2 fully available people to do the moderation.  Jaime
and Loic can help us from time to time but they aren't always
available.

We should look for somebody else to help us do moderation and then train
him.  It takes at least one month to train him/her.  It took me that time
to get the hang of it, but it takes at least 3 months (I think) to be
confident enough.

The most important point is that it him/her is willing to commit
his/her time for a long period.

Finally I can add:

I will try to do my masters thesis on Savannah.  If I may from my
university and if I can find a promotor (this will be the hardest
part).  This would officially start next year in September.

The best way for me to be able to do my thesis on Savannah is when I
can propose some scientificly subjects about it to my promotor.

I can't say:  I'll do the moderation for a year, fix bugs and respond
to support requests.  They won't make it :)

So if anybody has some ideas, just let me know.

I don't know if I could get the "official support of the FSF" for
this.   But maybe it could help...
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org