Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: What's up?

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: What's up?
Date: 05 Sep 2003 21:33:46 +0100

Nic said:
> It's not a bad system. I'm not critising the savannah code or the
> marvellous work you and all the other savannah hackers have done. But
> there is room for improvement. As a fledgling savannah hacker
> (without a lot of time) I feel the need for more tools to monitor the
> situation. With such tools I would feel confident enough that I could
> manage savannah on my own for a week, even with my limited time.

Rudt replied:
> Sorry I can't agree with that, or it could be that I don't get what
> your are saying.
>
> To administrate (moderation, support requests, bugtracker) Savannah we
> have all the current tools.
>
> The administration in itself is not a big problem.  We have may not
> forget that we are dealing with people.
>
> All moderation done could be done easily if the people would read our
> guidelines or our comments.
>
> That takes up most of the time:  say two to three or more times the
> same to a user till he gets it.  Or till he finally does what you
> asked him.
>
> (And is not a question of us saying/asking it the wrong way.)

But that's users isn't it. They're like that.

The reason I'm talking about the tools is that I don't find them very
usable. All the information is there... but I have to do quite a lot
to get at it. I have to keep going to the site and clicking on stuff
and selecting things from drop downs and so forth....

It doesn't help that I'm rarely logged on to subversions and that my
email link is quite slow.

Nic