Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking too

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking tool - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 04:07:06 -0400

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:21:09PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     If the only result of using the 'tool' is to cause harm or unfairness
>     then we should think about it, but if the 'tool' provides other kind
>     of results then I guess it would be the same as with network sniffing
>     tools, etc.
>
> I agree with that principle.

I do not.  In my opinion we should only look if the project it is Free
Software or not.  If it is Free Software then we should offer to host
it.

If the project ever wants to be part of the GNU project and it causes
"harm or unfairness" then it shouldn't be part of the GNU project.

Of course I agree that it isn't fair if somebody cheats in a game but
it shouldn't be up to Savannah to say what is fair or what is not.

Everybody should be free to cheat or not.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org