Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking too

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Voyeur - Linux game hacking tool - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 03:34:24 -0400

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 12:12:11PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden> said:
> > To me, your analogy isn't correct.  "Being able to" isn't the same as
> > "having the freedom to".
>
> Hum, in fact my sentence was not clear. The following is more
> redundant but more accurate:
>
> "Having the freedom to rape any women in the street could be seen as a
> freedom" (indeed!)
>
> Or
>
> "Being legally able to rape any women in the street could be seen as a
> freedom"

But this person isn't cheating in the first place.
Also if a player wants to cheat, it is his problem.

I agree it can be very inconvinient for other players.  On the other
hand it is not up to us to say: "you can't cheat in games".

> When someone harm other persons, it's surely up to him. But I do not
> want to provide the tool specifically dedicated to harm each other.

Hmm.  Cheating in games doensn't harm anybody.

I think that in a game community that respect itselves the members
don't cheat on each other and  the cheating members are refused to
participate.

> > The program can also be used to fix holes in Free game software.
>
> No, it cannot. Read the description of the program.

It does not say anything about it, that is true.  But it doesn't say
it can't be used for that.  So for me it can be used for it with or
without modification to the code.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org