stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] changes in CVS

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [STUMP] changes in CVS
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:17:56 -0500

Shawn Betts <address@hidden> writes:
> Yeah, oops :). Call it CVS unstableness. The function
> set-defaults-bindings wasn't being called. It is now being called.

Okay, now I have it working.
But I'm not calling asdf; I just have a lisp file which loads the
port and the stumpwm files, and it works.  What's the point of using
asdf?  (I'm sure there is a point, I just wonder what it is.)

Curiously, though, stumpwm only works if I have something else
running.  I have a sh file which calls lisp and loads everything
called `startstumpwm'.  If my .xinitrc file contains

 rxvt &
 startstumpwm

then stumpwm works as advertised.  If my .xinitrc file only contains

 startstumpwm

then it doesn't work.  Not a big deal, since I'd always want
something running, but I thought it odd.

Jay