Predation Model

From: Rob Leclerc
Subject: Predation Model
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:50:34 -0700

    I am wondering if anyone has any experience with predation model.  Given
that Swarm only has a discrete 2D gird by default, now allowing for multiple
objects at the same X,Y coordinate, I originally coded my model for this.
After looking over some of the data I am begining to wonder if the behaviour
would change if I went to some sort of vector space implementations at each
grid space.  This is how the implementaiton works in StarLogoT.   The
problem is, is that on a regular 2D grid space, objects created will often
become "trapped" and unable to move.  If anyone has any thoughts on this it
would be great.

Thanks
Rob Leclerc