Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm-2.2 on Solaris 2.8

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm-2.2 on Solaris 2.8
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:26:54 -0600

Hi Gary,
(I'm just guessing, from looking at the source code, what findImp is supposed
to do...) In any case, does this suggest that tools/findImp is not merely a
wrapper around tools/.libs/findImp, but a working program in its own right?
It depends what version of libtool you have. Newer versions don't create the wrapper -- I forget what was distributed with 2.2. Basically if you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and exported such that it loads from Emacs during the Swarm build that you should be ok. The purpose of the wrapper libtool makes (if any) is just to provide that environment. Emacs is calling findImp to collect info on how methods will dispatch within Swarm, and then using those shortcuts to write optimzied callouts from Java.

Marcus