Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm-2.2 on Solaris 2.8

From: Gary Polhill
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Compiling Swarm-2.2 on Solaris 2.8
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:29:15 +0100

Excellent! Swarm successfully compiles and installs. Thanks very much for all
your help so far! If you like I can add something to the wiki on compiling
Swarm on Solaris. If someone knows how to create binaries on Solaris and it's
not difficult, I could do that too--but presumably there are issues with paths
to various bits of needed software?

Moving on, I can get heatbugs to compile and run, but now have the following
problems:

(a) I can compile jheatbugs, but when I run it I get this:

% javaswarm StartHeatbugs
This is StartHeatbugs.main().
Exception caught: no javaswarm in java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
        at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:39)
        at StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:161)

Is there something I need to put in my environment? (PATH contains
$SWARMHOME/bin)

(b) When I compile my own model, I get the following error when I run it:

% ./model0-8-3
Assertion failed: __objc_class_hash, file
../../../src/20060612/swarm/libobjc/class.c, line 130
Abort

The error occurs before a call to initSwarmArguments, during a call to a class
I have created. Has Swarm done something to ObjC such that there should be no
method calls in main.m before initSwarm has been called?

Gary

Gary Polhill wrote:
> Should I start again from scratch (i.e. a fresh download)
Is your libtool installed in the same place as the automake/autoconf?
autoconf/libtool share m4 macro directories such that autoconf can pick
up stuff that libtool installs for it.

Please note that the views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
sender and do not necessarily represent the views of the Macaulay
Institute. This email and any attachments are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read,
copy, disclose or rely on any information contained in this e-mail, and
we would ask you to contact the sender immediately and delete the email
from your system. Thank you.
Macaulay Institute and Associated Companies, Macaulay Drive,
Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen, AB15 8QH.