guix-devel

Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC

From: Blake Shaw
Subject: Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:38:52 +0700

Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@fripost.org> writes:

> On 2022-02-23 10:48, Andy Wingo wrote:
>> On Tue 22 Feb 2022 18:16, Taylan Kammer <taylan.kammer@gmail.com>
>> writes:
>>
>>> If anyone's annoyed by this thread, please tell, and let us move it
>>> off-list.
>> I am annoyed by it I think it should be off-list :)
> Me to :)

Me as well, and I would add that at this point, now that two women who
are active in this community have come forward with reasonable requests
to not accept the patch and politely asked us to "get back to hacking",
yet the committer has persisted, the following two CoC seem to be in breech:

  * Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
  * Public or private harassment

If you're part of a discriminated minority and express unease with the
way folks from the dominant group are discussing your identity, yet they
persist, I think that qualifies as harassment.

With that being said, let's keep the following guideline in mind:

 * Showing empathy towards other community members

and get back to hacking :)

--
“In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni”