guix-devel

Accusation of breach of CoC (Was: [minor patch] Amend CoC)

From: Taylan Kammer
Subject: Accusation of breach of CoC (Was: [minor patch] Amend CoC)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:05:23 +0100

On 23.02.2022 12:38, Blake Shaw wrote:
> Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@fripost.org> writes:
>
> [...] I would add that at this point, now that two women who
> are active in this community have come forward with reasonable requests
> to not accept the patch and politely asked us to "get back to hacking",
> yet the committer has persisted, the following two CoC seem to be in breech:
>
>   * Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
>   * Public or private harassment

I suspect you haven't properly read any of my mails and jumped to conclusions
based on a quick skim, or something like that.

> If you're part of a discriminated minority and express unease with the
> way folks from the dominant group are discussing your identity, yet they
> persist, I think that qualifies as harassment.

I have not discussed anyone's identity.

> With that being said, let's keep the following guideline in mind:
>
>  * Showing empathy towards other community members

This includes not spuriously accusing others of trolling and harassment.

Were you actually being serious with your accusation?  I believe such
accusations are supposed to be sent privately, to guix-maintainers@gnu.org.
Spurious public accusations like this usually just heat things up, so maybe
don't do it.

--
Taylan