guix-devel

Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC

From: Blake Shaw
Subject: Re: [minor patch] Amend CoC
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 04:37:01 +0700

Liliana Marie Prikler <liliana.prikler@gmail.com> writes:

>> To me, this seems a rather contrived scenario though ...
> In this "contrived" scenario Harold would still (intentionally or
> otherwise) be discriminating Victor·ia over their gender by publicly
> pointing out the disconnect between the two.  In the daily experience
> of trans people, such remarks typically serve to invalidate their
> identities.

I agree, and given that so-called "men's rights activist" types have
time and time again used this type of argumentation to veil attacks on
trans women under the guise of feminism, it should be rejected. people's
sexual identities are already addressed as protected, and this is meant to
protect all women, not only some of them.

also I think when a man suggests making a changing to conduct regarding
women, and a woman says "hold up thats not protecting me", and no other
women come forward to defend the proposal, it should be obvious that
the "debate" need not move forward.

--
“In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni”