[Savannah-hackers] Re: non-GNU mailing lists failure

From: Joel N. Weber II
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:00:33 -0400

   Joel N. Weber II writes:
    > I think I just fixed a different problem that you hadn't found with
    > those lists, which is that delysid hadn't been properly configured.
    >
    > There's a good chance that it's now fixed correctly, but someone
    > trying to send a message to a list there by telneting to the smtp port
    > on delsyid and then checking the recieved lines would probably be
    > useful.
    >
    > I also noticed that some of the aliases in
    > /com/mailer/aliases-freesoftware refer to
    > /com/mailer/freesoftware/mailman while others refer to
    > /home/fsf/freesoftware/mailman.  This inconsistency should perhaps be
    > fixed, although /home/fsf/freesoftware is a symlink so it probably
    > isn't an especially serious problem.

           Apparently this did not fix the problem. I'm under the impression
   that the confirmation mail sent contains e-mail addresses that are not
   fully qualified and are therefore associated to the default mail.gnu.org
   by exim. Something like this.

I guess I wasn't clear enough, but the problem I fixed with delysid's
config almost certainly was not the problem you reported.