[Savannah-hackers] Re: non-GNU mailing lists failure

From: Joel N. Weber II
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:03:33 -0400

   You might be right. The problem seems very similar to the problem we had with
   exim + cvs logs in subversions: outgoing mail from lists such as uri-devel
   should have a sender address:
       address@hidden
   instead of the canonical:
       address@hidden

Can you fix the cvs log script to look at some table that says which
domain to send mail to for each list?

   To try to fix it, I've just added the following at the end of
   fencepost:/etc/exim/exim.conf

   address@hidden    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                                   {$value}fail} bcfrF

   and in the file /etc/email-addresses I've put:

   uri-devel:address@hidden
   uri-devel-request:address@hidden

   This did not seem to have any effect, but after I did it I noticed a comment
   in exim.conf that says that the same changes should be also applied to
     delysid:/usr/pkg/etc/exim/configure

   The problem is that I do not have root access to delysid so I can't do it.
   Can anyone give it a try?

For doing testing while the fencepost is listening for smtp
connections, the config on delysid will not matter at all.  But
delysid needs to be updated to deal with anything that you want to
always work reliably.