[Savannah-hackers] Re: non-GNU mailing lists failure

From: Jaime E . Villate
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:37:01 +0100

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 05:16:48PM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
>       The non-GNU projects mailing lists are failing. When someone
> subscribes thru the web interface, the confirmation mail he receives is
> bugous.

I've done a quick hack that will allow people to subscribe to the non-GnU
projects lists. The confirmation mail continues to be bogus: the return
address is address@hidden when it should be
address@hidden

After a few hours examining mailman, I still have no clue why this is failing;
I will keep looking for the source of the problem, but in the meantime the
replies to address@hidden are being redirected by exim to
work. Notice that mailman tells users the correct address for the lists
(address@hidden) and exim accepts mail to those addresses
without problem, so I think the bogus address appears only in the subscription
confirmation message header (it is correct in the message body).

If anyone wants to see some more details or wants to take a look at mailman,
the problem and my attempts to fix it are documented in task 318 in Savannah
(http://savannah.gnu.org/pm/task.php?group_id=11&group_project_id=6)

Cheers,
Jaime