[Savannah-hackers] Re: non-GNU mailing lists failure

From: Joel N. Weber II
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:00:53 -0400

   Jaime E . Villate writes:

    > That means that my attempt did not work; I restarted exim in
    > fencepost and the problem persisted. I'll take a look at mailman's
    > configuration.

           By looking at the exim log file (/var/log/exim/mainlog on
   fp.gnu.org) I can see that mail sent by Mailman has the expecte fully
   qualified address (address@hidden). That leads me to
   think that the problem is not in Mailman but in the exim configuration.
   Is it possible that exim just rewrite From: address to replace @.* by
   @mail.gnu.org ?

Does the trusted_users option in fencepost:/etc/exim/exim.conf include
the user mailman is running as for freesoftware?

I just verified that

fencepost:/home/fsf$ sendmail -f address@hidden devnull
test
fencepost:/home/fsf$ sendmail -f address@hidden devnull
test 2
fencepost:/home/fsf$

does set the envelope and body from fields to address@hidden correctly
(not that I should really be using Charles' email address for testing,
but whatever.)

(and I suppose address@hidden wouldn't have been a better choice.)

(although you never know.  charles might find life too boring if we
fail to give him things to flame about.)