ac-archive-maintainers

Re: License notices

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: License notices
Date: 26 Jan 2005 13:49:11 +0100

Bastiaan Veelo writes:

 > It appears I was not the only one to have misunderstood
 > you on this point, and I hope you understand what the
 > commotion was about.

Well, no. I don't understand what the commotion was about. I
was doing exactly what people have been asking for, and all
the while the same people were shouting at me that
everything I did was crap. I find it very hard to understand
that kind of behavior. You see, I didn't hand out any
service contracts to anyone.

I hope you can understand my point of view too. As the one
actually _doing_ the work instead of just having lofty
discussion on the public mailing list, this was a bizarre
experience, and I sure learned my lesson from it.

 > I fear the cause of the misunderstanding is that you
 > never explained the procedure in this detail before
 > [...].

You are probably right. I simply wouldn't have thought that
I needed to explain myself. I thought that in my spare time
I could do whatever I wanted. I wasn't aware that there are
"contributors" who feel they have a right to make demands at
me, and get real angry when I don't do exactly what they
want.

 > I will keep my copyright notice for the time being and
 > remove the generated one when that time comes, in order
 > to keep the multiple years (in reference of
 > http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html).
 > Is that okay with you?

Sure.

 > Let's hope the transition runs smoothly from now on! Man,
 > communication is hard!

It is. :-|

Peter