Re: [avrdude-dev] Documentation build tools requirements - many complain

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Documentation build tools requirements - many complaints
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:31:30 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As E. Weddington wrote:

My only limitation that I currently have is figuring out how to
convert DocBook to PDF. Cygwin doesn't seem to have a quick and easy
solution out of the box. The "xmlto" that comes with Cygwin can
convert DocBook to FO (among other things), but it stops there. No
direct to PDF.

Can you create PS?  From there, it's easy to go to PDF (using
Ghostscript).
This is what I have :-(
------------------------------------
For documents of type "docbook":
fo
html
html-nochunks
htmlhelp
javahelp
man
txt
xhtml
xhtml-nochunks
------------------------------------

Agreed, If I can get PS, then I have access to ghostscript.

As Eric Raymond's tool could save all the existing man page work
for avrdude into docbook format, it seems to be an option to me
here, too.

Which tool is this?

doclifter:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/doclifter/

I've found it referenced in that document from him:

http://commmunity.linux.com/howtos/DocBook-Demystification-HOWTO/index.shtml

Thanks for the link. I'll take a look.

Eric