dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] guile switch progress

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] guile switch progress
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:20:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob wrote:

> mmmh... okay. then implement extract_intarray differently. i sent my last
> mail before reading this.

oops, too bad. anyway, have'nt seen the "old" implementation.

> definitly. we also should document (or implement) helpers for the user
> like (resolve "localhost") which would compute "127.0.0.1" so that you can
> use it in define-port! calls. dunno what's built into guile, though.

i guess, mgrabmue can help.

Now a few more problems/questions:
 * did we consider linux being a modular kernel (interfaces can be
   added/removed at runtime) ? can a INADDR_ANY binding handle this
   correctly ?
 * the configuration of servers should go into the core library... except
   the guile part (REGISTER_* macros and their functions are integral
   part of the server implementation !!! proposal: server-cfg.[ch])
 * what is the least version number of guile we'll really need ?

Cheers,
        address@hidden