Re: GNUstep article (was: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits)

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: GNUstep article (was: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:27:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Dennis Leeuw wrote:

> "Chris B. Vetter" wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:24:37 +0200
> > Björn Gohla <b.gohla@gmx.de> wrote:
> > > well then, somebody knowledgeable will have to wave the flag and
> > > write a good article, the aforementioned magazines regularly publish
> > > outside contributions.
> >
> > How about a translation of Dennis' article on
> >   http://lwn.net/daily/gnustep.php3 ?
> >

> Gregory and I am writting a somewhat larger document about GNUstep, more
> in the style of Apples Mac OS X System Overview. Maybe we could do a
> pre-release so people could steal and rob and translate. Let me know if
> people have a need for it.
>
> Dennis

BTW, what about GNUstep man-pages ?
People who want to programm GNUstep should have good manuals,
and most people without OpenStep expirience don't have the
OPENSTEP library ...
Okay, this is something really time-wasting, and it has
lower prioriy, but it's important to think about it!

BTW,
I think the OPENSTEP library was one of the best manual pages
ever. Every single class was perfectly described and you could
even get some hints how it was implemented (if you read it
carefully).
MFC docs are crap, MSDN is a little bit better.
But even the MacOS X documentation is not that good anymore!

sersn max