Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:46:34 +0100

Kenichi Handa wrote:

I have thought that we are going to take the following
schedule.

(1) Release the current RC branch as 21.4.

That was discussed some weeks ago, but no pretest has begun yet, so maybe it is better to skip this if it is going to take a long time anyway.

(2) Feature freeze on HEAD.
(3) Merge HEAD into RC branch, and make it 21.4.50.

I think making a new branch would be easier than merging. I doubt there are important bugfixes in the RC branch that are not already in HEAD.