Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine

From: Robert Martin
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] We must do a game, not an engine
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:18:46 -0500

On 4/25/07, Cyrille Dunant <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2 the maps seem to be very small (this may have changed recently
> but...) you should be able to fit a swarm/ pool/school/ barracks in
> without having to clear land

Large maps are longer to make...
and??

> 3 when you are building a wall run the whole section should be
> considered as one "building"
> you lay eight sections in a row then you should be able to have 3
> workers build the whole row

It is one stone per section, thus, you could argue that having the wall built
section after section mimicks the building of an actual wall.
yes that is correct but if the whole wall is considered 1 "building"
then the system woudl not try to assign 20 different workers to a job
that could be done by 4 (who would build sections 1-4 then 5-8 then
..) its a labor balancing thing

> 4 I would have as a variant of scout a "oracle" unit -- this unit
> would cause the window to expand out (say 2 "oracle" units get you a
> double window) but i would also add a required energy tower and add to
> the defense tower a way to shoot down hostile oracles (note this would
> not clear Fog of War you would just be able to see a larger local
> area)

You mean change the resolution with units ?

not resolution windows size.   Lets say you have a 600X400 grid and
you can view only 30X40 at a time you then build the tower for and
spawn a pair of oracles you then would have a 40x60 viewport showing a
larger section of the whole grid (but not reducing the Fog of War) i
would make those units "expensive" since they would be a large
advantage
--
Robert L Martin