Re: [Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:59:35 -0400

Miles Bader wrote:
On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 03:37:21PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

My merge script will keep trying to merge from each partner-version until it succeeds.

What does `succeed' mean?

I mean 'change the target tree'.

What if multiple partners have mergeable stuff?

It will stop after the first merge that changed the target tree.

Will it merge all?  Just the first?

[BTW, what's `merge' in this context?  star-merge?   Will it return a
non-zero exit status if nothing got merged?]

Star-merge. I hadn't thought about exit status, because I didn't expect it to be used by scripts. So I really don't know.

My missing-merge script will list all missing revisions from all partners.

What's the output format (the default `missing' format is ambiguous in this
case)?

It uses the -f and -s options. I considered showing the fq-package-version as a heading, but I didn't want it showing up if there was nothing missing from that version.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology