Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 01:09:16 -0700

On Oct 18, 2004, at 0:41, Miles Bader wrote:

Some comments:

  * "{arch}" is not a problem for bash (not even for completion -- bash
    completion puts in backslashes automatically)

tcsh does the same for completion. I suppose it's when you're not using completion that it becomes a problem.

  * I forget, why is ",file" a problem with tcsh/csh???  Occurance
    within braces seems so rare as to be rarely significant...

I don't think it's specific to *csh. Brace expansion with commas in filenames can be a bit difficult regardless of shell.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>