Re: software distribution criteria

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: software distribution criteria
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:01:07 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
> The new version speaks of "recommending, promoting or granting
> legitimacy to" non-free software.

"recommending" is already expressed by "promoting".
"granting legitimacy" is another way to promote too.

I think the criteria should be just:

   "not promote the use of non-free software"

Anyway it is good add examples:
  * "recommending"  is an example which matches the "promote" criteria.
  * "granting legitimacy"  is another one which matches the "promote"
     criteria.

All behaviors which we want to avoid are finally reduced to the 'promote'
action. And _what_ we want to avoid is _promote_ non-free software.

We should keep the criteria the more simple possible.