Re: Free Software criteria -- about "Software distributions"

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Free Software criteria -- about "Software distributions"
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:02:50 +0200

MJ Ray wrote:
> Hope you remove the debian-bashing from GNU Herds,

I have removed the debian-bashing from the GNU Herds' FAQ, removing it from
the example list [1].

  http://gnuherds.org/faq#FS_criteria

Maybe we must not list Debian as an example, as we do not list neither
gNewSense, which is supported by the FSF [2]. I personally agree with you
Debian has done a lot for free software!

  [2] http://www.gnu.org/links/links.html#FreeGNULinuxDistributions

Anyway with the current facts I personally propose the below skills
classification. Although we must wait the RMS reply:

  "Debian"             Non-Free

  "Debian GNU/Hurd"    Free

  "Debian GNU/Linux"   Non-Free

Additionally, note we will add  "re-classification request"  support directly
in the resume and offer forms.  So it will very easy users ask for a skill be
re-classified when they see it is tagged as non-free.

Flames are always needed!  MJ, your flames are always helping the project to
improve! You were right, we should remove Debian from the example list.

Davi