Re: criteria

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: criteria
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 22:30:48 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
> The goal here is not simplicity, it is reliability of communication.
> Using multiple words that are nearly synonyms (but not quite) helps
> clarify the practical criteria, and helps reduce the risk of
> misunderstandings in the application of the criteria.  So we will
> stick with the use of multiple words to describe the things that
> people should not do.

Let us know anything at any time.

Current criteria:

  * For a program, read the Free Software definition [1] to
    know the criteria.

      [1] http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

  * For development languages, protocols, specifications,
    etc. the meaningful question is whether it is supported
    by software licensed under any of the Free Software
    Licenses [2]: BSD, GPL, etc. Can you use it with
    Free Software exclusively?

      [2] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

  * For software distributions, they must not recommend,
    promote or grant legitimacy to Non-Free Software.

P.S.: We are working on some improvements and on the HTTPS
interface to some of the webapp administration and management
operations: skills classification.

Best regards