Re: gnu.org's website layout -- GNU Herds association & FSF

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: gnu.org's website layout -- GNU Herds association & FSF
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:33:18 +0200

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> BTW, I think IMHO, that till we will not be part of any other
> associations, we should maintain our identity. When we will be
> incorporated, we will be obliged to respect their policies and in this
> stage I think that it's a lost of time to use the gnu.org template,
> till we will not be sure that we will be part of the association. If
> we will be part of the fsf? Will we change again the template?

The GNU Herds association should be independent,
under the conditions exposed at its Charter: http://gnuherds.org/charter

Defining the Free Software policies to follow is responsibility of the FSF,
via the association's Ethic Officer.

I think we should develop our own template, using the best known CSS and HTML
techniques.

> No! By me the contents is the most important and the template should
> just do its work in the best way.

> Using the Gnu.org template is allowed in respect of the license terms.
> We don't need to write to nobody, RMS first of all.

Oops!, you are right,  http://www.gnu.org/gnu-new.css

  Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation
      Permission is hereby granted, ... rights to use, copy,
      modify, merge, publish, ...

> So the question is, who wants to you use the gnu.org template? I leave
> the question to the whole group.
>
> Personally I don't like to use completely a template developed by
> others, i prefer to be different...

I agree with you we must develop our own template.