Website layout

From: Frouin Jean-Michel
Subject: Website layout
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:45:36 +0200

Hi,
As french translator I am member of this dev ML.

I read these days all your questions about gnuherds formating.
And a question came up to me when you spoke about gnu.org website.
It is probably a better idea to use the gnu.org template (at least as a foundation) thus it can be more easily integrated when gnuherds is may sometime called an official project of GNU.
Probably gnuherds can keep it's own colors panel but used the layout from gnu.org.
So it can leave free time to only implement features.

Regards,

2007/10/10, Davi Leal <address@hidden>:
Victor Engmark wrote:
> screenshot <http://l0b0.net/temp/img-1.jpg>

> - The floating menu should fit with the main contents - I don't have
>   any tips here, except that IIRC it's really difficult :/ One way to
>   test a solution is to change the text size in the browser a lot and
>   see if things start breaking.

I am impressed how well the www.gnu.org layout works at resizing fonts, both
smaller and bigger!!!

> Do you want to specify MSSmartTagsPreventParsing? I'm guilty of that
> myself, but I'm not sure whether we should override user settings that way.

I have checked that both gnu.org and fsf.org are _not_ using such meta tag.