Re: Academic qualification level -- bug fix

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Academic qualification level -- bug fix
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:43:54 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:
> I think there should be less emphasis on academic information,
> rather than an expansion.

IMHO it is not an expansion, but a bug fix which enables users show all their
titles, not only one as now.

The webapp just expose the data. The employer is who choose in which lay
emphasis.

We take this opportunity to add more optional information as the University
name, URI, short comments as "with honours", etc.

MJ Ray wrote:
> >  new-level  -->  0. Secondary School diploma
>
> diploma/certificate(s) perhaps?  I think we still have subject-based
> General Certificate of Secondary Education in UK.

I have removed the "0." level from the proposal due to it is a lot more
different from country to country than university degrees.  If users want to
add such diplomas or certificates they can add them just using the "Other"
tag.

Please, as usual, expose any comment or disagreement.