Re: Portuguese translation

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: Portuguese translation
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:19:53 +0100

Hi all,

A not so smart question...

What about the Italian po file? Should I use the Portuguese?

Thanks
Antenore.

On Feb 13, 2008 2:39 PM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Duarte Loreto wrote:
> 1) Ask you to please update the Portuguese translation with the one
> attached, where I fixed a couple of typos and other small corrections.

I will do it tonight.

> 2) Ask you to please check that not all available options on the combo where
> we select current employment situation are translatable. The po file
> contains the following options to translate:

> But besides these, the combo box presents (in english)
> "Working and Studying"
> "Freelance and Studying"
>
> In Portuguese, these should show up as
> "Trabalhador-Estudante"
> "Freelance e Estudante"

Yes, you are right. I will do it tonight.

> 3) On the sidebar (left side), the string "FAQ" (below "Coders Guide") is
> not translated. I can't find a msgid that is just "FAQ" so I guess it might
> be missing.
> To Portuguese I would rather have it as "Perguntas Frequentes (FAQ)" as just
> "FAQ" is an english acronym that not all users may understand but to those
> savy, having the acronym there helps faster detection of the option.

Your are right again. So, as you advice, can add the "FAQ" msgid to the PO
file. I will translate to Spanish as: "Preguntas frecuentes (FAQ)",
following your pattern.

> 4) This is not translation related... I don't know if it is intentional or
> not but the 6th point on the FAQ index has <br><br> on the HTML code before
> and after it, but the other options don't have it. That makes this 6th point
> stand out from the remaining questions on that index. Should those breaks be
> cleaned or is it intentional?

It was intentional, as a way to organize-group the items. Yo can look at
the "Coders' Guide" to see at another example of such grouping. Please,
raise your hand if you think it is not a good idea, or it can be improved.

> I'm sorry I didn't raise/noticed the issues on 2), 3)
> and 4) earlier and that I didn't get 1) right the 1st time.

IMHO, it is never late for this project.

I thought the project was perfect :D Just joking. We are going to improve
the "Academic qualification" adding its own section and allowing to fill
more than one degree. As usual, flames, comments, source code
contributions, etc. is key!