Re: Using POT files -- (PO Template)

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Using POT files -- (PO Template)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:11:46 +0100 (CET)

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Could you please remind me which was exactly the problem with xgettext and
> Smarty templates?

Such problem is exposed at the below task
  task: Automate the POT file generation
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6174

You could download SmartyGettext to see the tsmarty2c tool which David
tryed to modify to be able to process the Smarty templates.

However note the automatic generation of the POT file is a different
problem. We have two problems:
  1. automatic generation of the messages.POT file
  2. After we have the POT, got automatically or by hand, we have
     to set it into sync with all the PO files (one for each language)

Right now we are realizing both tasks by hand.

> Could you also send me a cut and paste of the command line that you are
> using?

I began to use the commands exposed in the previous email last night.

When I merge by hand I use kdiff3 to compare two PO files and vim to edit
the one to update (set into sync).

At the below link you can see the commands which are used to get the
compiled PO files (.mo)
 http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=155
  (section 10)

P.S.: I am sorry I can not send you more information now. Feel free
to ask again and I will reply you again or tonight.