Merging g-wrap support (Was: What kinds of bindings are to be included)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Merging g-wrap support (Was: What kinds of bindings are to be included)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:47:33 +0200

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I would rather go for the hypothetical anti-tool, that takes a
> > global ChangeLog and tells you the logs for only one directory ;)
> >

> I'm not really opposed to a global ChangeLog. I think we should wait
> 'till we get our trees synced up, though. On this matter, I'll try to
> review my local changes of guile-gobject and commit them to my arch
> branch. These changes mostly depend on the g-wrap that is currently in
> my archive (address@hidden/g-wrap--rotty--0.2). I don't
> quite know how we should proceed once I've commited my g-gobject
> changes to my branch. Should I wait with committing my changes to CVS
> until Rob to integrate my changes into g-wrap CVS? I can't guess how
> long he will need for that...

I don't want to make a release before a new g-wrap is released. Also, if
the name of the project is going to change to guile-gnome, we need to
wait on that as well. I hate waiting!

Depending on how slow the g-wrap merge goes, perhaps we want to start
developing guile-gobject against the new g-wrap so we're more ready to
release once the new g-wrap is released. Can you start a branch in
guile-gobject CVS to hold your changes? I'm not really up to speed with
arch at the moment, and I don't look forward to learning given my
internet situation.

Man. I really want to release, so I can release guile-gstreamer, so I
can release the app I've been working on. And g-wrap is at the bottom of
that stack. No pressure, Rob :-)

Regards,

wingo.