Re: What kinds of bindings are to be included

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: What kinds of bindings are to be included
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:36:47 +0200

Hi Marius,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> Yep, guile-gnome seems like the best alternative.  It would be a shame
> not to use it because of some administrative difficulties with
> Savannah or the FSF.

Yeah, I guess so.

> Renaming might be difficult.

But maybe worth a small try. We can mention this to the FSF people, I
suppose.

> We can make a new project, based on the
> guile-gtk project, and let guile-gtk die eventually. There don't need
> to be any redoing of papers, for example, I'm pretty sure.
>
> We should shortly discuss this with the FSF people, probably
> <address@hidden>.  Does anyone of you want to do this and be the
> maintainer of the new guile-gnome project?  (I would be a roadblock.)

I'll do it, if Andreas is not interested. The only reason I'm tentative
about it is my internet situation: there are a lot of variables to
having working internet in Africa... So Andreas if you are interested in
being maintainer, speak up.

Regards,

wingo.