ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] Re: Maildir format

From: Karl Vogel
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] Re: Maildir format
Date: 27 May 2003 15:31:59 -0400

In a previous message, I included a script to add an ifile-specific
header to each file in a directory, one mail message per file.

>> On 27 May 2003 16:18:11 +0200,
>> "clemens fischer" <address@hidden> said:

C> AFAIK "ifile -c" doesn't print the entire message, only the
C> classifications itself.  thus your perl script will only get to see
C> categories.

   Right.  What did you have in mind to add to each message?

C> also, the script still has no locking against multiple invocations on
C> the same message.  i think avoiding in-situ message changes will make
C> things much easier.

   Correct.  Maybe this isn't on track with the rest of the thread,
   but I've found it's much faster and simpler to handle mail using
   a batch approach.  Only one thing at a time is ever touching these
   files, so locking isn't needed.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company
address@hidden                          http://www.pobox.com/~vogelke

No inspection ready unit ever passed combat.       --Murphy's Laws of Combat