Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:00:14 +0200

Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> writes:

Hi Andreas,

>> If I type in the url defined in nnweb.el (id) into my browser and
>> replace "%s" with the (escaped) message-id, the result page states:
>>
>>     "The requested message,
>>     <419g22duprrhohcfaf84srcl0bdrljsjnl@4ax.com>, could not be found."
>
> Try again without the angle brackets :-).

As I said, I replaced the angle brackets and the @ with their URL escape
sequences.

> Did you set mm-url-use-external to t when testing?

No, I didn't know I have to do that.

> If you did to no avail, then does the following request work? (works
> for me)
>
> [snip]

Yes, works for me as well.

> Hmm, do web groups work for you (G w in the Group Buffer)? They work
> for me for both, internal and external fetching.

Yes, both work. Maybe it was a partly user error yesterday. I set
mm-url-program to "foo" (string) but it has to be 'foo.

Ok, now to summarize:

  * Web groups work (with internal and external fetching)

  * RET on message-id still fetches empty messages with
    mm-url-use-external set to t. `G w google <mid>' with the same
    message-id finds the correct article.

Kind regards,
Tassilo