IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:41:42 -0700

The Gnus manual (Section 5.5, Archived Messages) explains how to archive
messages sent by me locally, in a "classic" mail kind of group; that is,
nnfolder, nnml or something of the sort.  But I would like to store them
on the IMAP server, in the Sent folder the server so handily provides.
GUI user agents such as Sylpheed and Claws seem to know how to do this,
can Gnus be told to do it?

If not, I can hack it by always Bcc'ing myself and having a filter on
the server to direct those copies to the folder.  But I would rather not
have to.

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD