Re: IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:36:59 -0700

Ian> But I would like to store them on the IMAP server, in the Sent
Ian> folder the server so handily provides. GUI user agents such as
Ian> Sylpheed and Claws seem to know how to do this, can Gnus be told to
Ian> do it?

Adam> Does something like:

Adam>   (setq gnus-message-archive-method '(nnimap "your.imap.server"))
Adam> (setq gnus-message-archive-group "Sent")

Adam> (adjust to your setup) work?

Well, I haven't tried yet, but it looks like it will open another
connection to the server.  Right?  And in my case, that is actually a
lengthy and disruptive operation, because I connect over TLS.  I would
need to specify a few more server parameters, and redundantly so because
the nnimap server with all the TLS frills is already my primary select
method.  I am not completely opposed to that, but I _am_ opposed to the
time it takes to open another connection - it's somewhere between 5 and
10 seconds.

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD