Re: Mail-Followup-To not obeyed

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: Mail-Followup-To not obeyed
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 01:38:49 -0700

Ian> BTW, Gnus does something unexpected here.  Your headers:

Ian>  From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) To:
Ian> info-gnus-english@gnu.org Mail-Followup-To:
Ian> info-gnus-english@gnu.org Mail-Copies-To: never

Ian> but when I hit "f" the reply is directed to you personally.

I have just figured this out, and it is completely grotty.  My signature
is suddenly very relevant ;-) Not sure if I can call it a bug, though.

Look at the documentation for rmail-dont-reply-to-names, and especially
rmail-default-dont-reply-to-names.  It happens because the name of the
list starts with "info-" which matches the latter variable.

A workaround should be setting my own rmail-dont-reply-to-names.  I
haven't tried yet but I'm confident it will work.

Can we just agree that this interface needs improvement? ;-)

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD