Re: IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: IMAP , Sent folder and Gnus
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:45:56 +0200

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:37:28 -0700, Ian wrote:

> Hmm yes, it does seem to work.  I wonder how, though?  How does Gnus
> know that this virtual server is the same as my primary one?

What virtual server?

What is your primary server called, in your configuration?

> Is it keyed by the string address?

I would guess it it goes by the name.

> That would mean you couldn't have a TLS and a plaintext connection to
> the same server ...

Unless you gave them different names, I'd think.

(I don't really know why you would want to have separate connections. It
sounded on one of your earlier emails like you wanted to _avoid_
multiple connections?)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Good car to drive after a war"                              Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk