iruka-devel

Re: [Iruka-devel] Chat dialog.

From: Petr Klyushkin
Subject: Re: [Iruka-devel] Chat dialog.
Date: 08 Sep 2002 17:01:42 +0400

Hello, Erwan!

>>>>> "Erwan" == Erwan Loisant writes:

 Erwan> Hello Petr.  I had a look at your "return" key management and
 Erwan> I think you are wrong.

 Erwan> - wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER: that means "instead of managing
 Erwan> internally the return key, send an event".
 Erwan> - wxTE_MULTILINE: implicitely include wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER.

 Erwan> What we need is exactly the contrary of what
 Erwan> wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER is. So you should remove it (moreover under
 Erwan> win32 I have an evil warning) and connect your process
 Erwan> enter_enter method to the wxEVENT_TYPE_TEXT_ENTER_COMMAND
 Erwan> event.

I've done it in slightly another way: it now handles wxEVT_CHAR event
looking for WXK_RETURN.  Pressing Ret key will send a message,
pressing C-Ret key will insert a line-break into a message.  Of
course, you can use 'Send' button instead of pressing a key.

 Erwan> Also adding a "clear" button and a "close" button would be
 Erwan> nice. Since this dialog is very simple and includes a lot of
 Erwan> foreign controls, there is no need to port it to wxDesigner.

Sure.  It also would be nice to place an indicator to show
online-status of a interlocutor.

--
                                                             C'ya, Peter.
       address@hidden://petrk.pochtamt.ru]=--