libreplanet-ca-on

[lp-ca-on] FSOSS 2015 Accepting Presentation Proposals

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: [lp-ca-on] FSOSS 2015 Accepting Presentation Proposals
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:10:50 -0400

Hey LibrePlanet,

The Free Software and Open Source Symposium is accepting presentation proposals
for the 2015 conference, which will be Oct 29-30, 2015.

http://fsoss.senecac.on.ca/2015/

"""
This year's FSOSS will focus on the past three decades and the amazing changes
that free software and open source have brought to the world around us. Being
free and open has enabled constant innovation and new ideas to permeate
throughout communities everywhere to produce free thinking, free opportunity,
and free tools that everyone benefits from. FSOSS is focused on thirty years of
those ideals and celebrating that freedom. The two day event will engage
educators, students, developers, community members, and industry in a showcase
of the different uses of open source and the different people who are a part of
its ever expanding community.
"""

This is just a quick message now, but I think we should be considering....

- Presentations that any of us might want to make individually (Sergio presented
on gdb last year, and I spoke about software freedom and net services)

- In what way could we be active and present at this event as a group?

Blaise