Re: lilypond/Documentation/user examples.itely

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: lilypond/Documentation/user examples.itely
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:19:14 +0100

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Now I realize that you did this to get an example of how to use \tag.
> Still, the problem is that it doesn't really show any advantage (as
> far as I can see). Can't we find a better example where the command
> gives a clearer advantage?
>
>     /Mats

I use \tag to define marks or markups that should appear only above the
first staff of a system, or below the last staff. For instance:

global = {
  \time 4/4
  \key ees \major
  \tag #'up \tempoMark \markup Allegro.
  s1*42
  \tag #'down \fineMark
  \bar "|." \break
  s1*16
  \tag #'down \dacapoMark
  \bar "|."
}

\layout {
    \context { \Score \remove "Mark_engraver"  }
    \context { \Staff \consists "Mark_engraver" }
}

%% lead sheet
\score {
  <<