Re: lilypond/Documentation/user examples.itely

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond/Documentation/user examples.itely
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:29:00 -0800

On 7-Jan-05, at 3:36 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

Also, if there would be a command-line option to select/unselect certain tags, there would be a clear advantage to use tags for extracting parts. E.g.,
lilypond -usetag viola quartet.ly
could extract the viola part. This approach would result in the need of
fewer .ly files.

That would be utterly *fantastic*.

This is however just an idea that popped up in my mind right now; I haven't
given it a serious thought. Does it sound like a sensible idea to you?

This would _greatly_ improve the organization of large LilyPond projects.
I very enthusiastically second this motion.  :)