Re: Even more disconnected

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Even more disconnected
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:06:54 +0200

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 22:01, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Hi,

> Erik Sandberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I will be completely away from all kinds of computers whatsoever for
> > about one more week. But stay tuned: some radical cleanups of music
> > functions are in progress.
>
> did you realize that your last radical cleanup left a memory leak that
> brought my autobuild to its knees?
Ouch, sorry!
> This type of error is caught by make
> web, as it runs input/regression/ in one single lilypond invocation.

Strange: my gs problems make lily stop at regression/utf-8.ly, which among the
last regression/ files; so I should have noticed the problem here too.
Perhaps the problem is that I have too much RAM? (1G)

Perhaps it would be sensible to let `make web' constrain lily's memory usage
by default, to something reasonable like 256M?

> Can
> you put a priority to fixing  your GS configuration so you can run "make
> web" completely, and fix these problems before they are committed?  Thanks.

Is this the scm_gc_protect in translator.cc (which you already fixed), or is
it something unknown?

(in the former case, I don't understand the error completely: how can the GC
protection introduce a memory leak?)

I am now back in civilization, so I can work on the gs problems. I'll try
starting with a fresh 32-bit ubuntu installation.

--
Erik