Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:34:59 -0300

Joe Neeman escreveu:
> On Tuesday 21 August 2007 20:34, Valentin Villenave wrote:
>> That being said, do you think it would be a good idea to make
>> TimeSignature accept the break-alignable-interface?
>
> No, because TimeSignature already accepts an interface
> (break-aligned-interface) that determines its horizontal position; it
> wouldn't make sense for it to accept another one. The cleanest way of getting
> this functionality into the lilypond core, in my opinion, would be to create
> a whole new grob class.

I think you are all thinking in too complicated directions.

layout{
  \context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \name "TimeSig"
    \override TimeSignature #'font-size = #3
    \override TimeSignature #'break-align-symbol = ##f
    \override TimeSignature #'X-offset
    = #ly:self-alignment-interface::x-aligned-on-self
    \override TimeSignature #'self-alignment-X = #0
  }
  \context {
    \Score \accepts TimeSig
  }

  \context {
    \Staff
    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

timeSignatures = { \time 2/4 s2 \time 3/4 s2. \time 4/4 s1 }
\score {

<<      \new TimeSig \timeSignatures
        \new Staff \relative { c'2  c2.  c1 }
        \new Staff { a2 a2. a1}