Re: please help a newbie with partial measures

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: please help a newbie with partial measures
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:06:46 +0100

Rose,

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to do - is it that you're wanting to put extra bar lines before each partial, to mark the start of a section of lyrics?  A scan of the original would help working this out.

Also - it helps us if you provide an illustration that compiles on its own - yours didn't, because it was (presumably) missing:

\include "english.ly"
and where you set your tune equal to "melody" meant that nothing was compiled by LilyPond.

--
Phil Holmes