pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.4 memory leaks

From: Steven Ellis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.4 memory leaks
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:41:30 -0800 (PST)

--- Brian Morrison <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:00:48 -0500 in
> address@hidden "Chris
> Charlebois"
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I've noticed the problem too. To repeat the
> problem, try downloading a
> > bunch of large binaries until the systems memory
> usage is 100% and the
> > swap file is starting to be utilized. Then
> continue to download large
> > binaries until the swap file is filled, once it
> is, boom!!.
>

> That sounds like the usual VM OOM problem rather
> than Pan as such.

What VM 00M problem? I use RH 7.2 with a custom 2.4.20
kernel and I have the same problem with Pan 0.13.4 and
0.13.90. Eventually Pan eats all the memory on the box
after performing a large number of big binary
downloads.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

address@hidden