Re: [Simulavr-devel] fab feature deprecated

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] fab feature deprecated
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:18:44 +0100

As ThomasK wrote:

> - we can't integrate the xml files from WinAVR because of copyright
> - to create a processor isn't so easy because of many variations in
> peripheral components. This also not hold in xml files, so there would
> be the possibility to implement this variation hard in code or accept
> problems connected with that

Only to mention it: one possible way out of these two problems were to
derive a private XML file.  Using the information is no problem (only
a verbatim copy is), and the transformed XML could then be extended to
include simulavr-specific details about those things missing in the
Atmel files.

While the old XML files were fairly terrible in their structure (from
an XML point of view), the files that are now shipping with Atmel
Studio 6.x are very well-defined, and obviously also validated against
some XSD.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/