Re: [Simulavr-devel] fab feature deprecated

From: Thomas Klepp
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] fab feature deprecated
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 06:56:56 +0100

Hi Joerg,

Only to mention it: one possible way out of these two problems were to
derive a private XML file.  Using the information is no problem (only

Maybe this is a solution for the problem with license. I haven't read the license for AVR Studio so detailed. This means, we need a XML transformation script (change some tags, remove some, for us not relevant content) and use the output in our project.

a verbatim copy is), and the transformed XML could then be extended to
include simulavr-specific details about those things missing in the
Atmel files.

I think, the "simulavr-specific" is the real problem. You have to pay attention for such information, which you have to get out from datasheets or some other sources, if necessary and to insert in the right way to process it by the templates (and maybe adapt the templates and the peripheral implementation classes), this is, for my opinion, more or less the same effort as to implement it in C++ directly.

@Joerg: I do not use AVR Studio because on linux. So I haven't seen this XML files. I know, that in this XML files the register with address for example for ADC are described, but also the different bits inside from a register?

cu, Thomas