win95 install of Swarm-2-1-1

From: Andre Costa
Subject: win95 install of Swarm-2-1-1
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:09:37 +0930 (CST)

Hi,

I have just installed Swarm-2-1-1 on a Windows95 laptop.

Running bash.exe (the "swarm terminal" in the Windows Start menu), I get
a "no such filename" error if I enter any commands other than changes of
directory (the "cd" command). Basic commands such as "ls" and "cp" and so
forth do not work, and of course "make" and "javaswarm" etc. don't work
either.

I have looked at the file

        Swarm-2-1-1/.bash_login

and have tried modifying it, but I am not sure what I am "aiming" for, or
whether this is the file I should be modifying in the first place. I know
from the FAQ that this is where I need to add a CLASSPATH for the Jdk, but
I figure there is a more fundamental problem with bash which needs to be
sorted out first.

thanks,
Andre Costa.

Andre Costa
Research Student

Teletraffic Research Centre           Telephone: (08) 8303 3237
Department of Applied Mathematics     Fax:       (08) 8303 4395
University of Adelaide                Email:address@hidden
South Australia  5005